Re: [HTCondor-users] Problems with submit node in version 8.6.0

On 2/1/2017 12:22 AM, Greg.Hitchen@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi All

Thought I'd have a look at the latest stable release but have had some issues/problems.
I have tried this on win7 32 bit with 32 bit condor 8.6.0, win7 64 bit with 32 bit condor 8.6.0,
win2008 server 64 bit with 32 bit condor 8.6.0, and win2008 server 64 bit with 64 bit condor 8.6.0
Lastly I have tried it on Ubuntu1604  64 bit.
I have the same problem with all of the above combinations.

Security: host based

Hi Greg,

Yes, as you have discovered, in v8.6.0 condor_q will only work by default from places where the user running condor_q can be authenticated by HTCondor. For most sites, this is not a problem, as users typically run "condor_q" on the same machine where they would run "condor_submit", and everything is fine.

But for users that want to issue condor_q from machines other than where they are allowed to submit jobs, and the site has not explicitly setup user authentication, condor_q could fail.

As we have had numerous folks in the HTCondor community lament this change, we are working to improve things for the next release. Details are available at URL

  https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=6125

regards,
Todd