Re: [HTCondor-users] [CondorLIGO] Getting job PID from condor

Duncan,

I donât believe Condor transmits the pid of your back to the submit machine by default (and note that there are often many pids associated with a job; but I assume you mean the âparent" job pid initially forked by the condor_starter on the execute machine).

However, one good way to dramatically streamline your current technique might be to use condor_ssh_to_job and print the _CONDOR_JOB_PIDS environment variable.  I.e.:

% condor_ssh_to_job <jobid> 'echo _CONDOR_JOB_PIDSâ

-Peter