Re: [HTCondor-users] RequestMemory versus Dynamic Slot Memory

On Fri, 2017-02-17 at 15:26:01 +0000, Fischer, Max (SCC) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we're switching our partitionable slots from fixed RAM/CPU ratio to dynamic. Memory is turning up slightly bigger than expected however:
> A job using request_memory=3000 creates a slot with Memory=3072.
>
> The only mention I have found is the condor_submit documentation, which only states that the slot is *at least* as big as requested.
> Are dynamic slots limited to multiples of 1024 or another fixed factor?

There's a granularity which can be defined in the config.
The default I think was 256, 512, 1024 (i.e. rounding up to the next multiple
of 256 unless you go beyond 512 where rounding will go to the next GB).
Too lazy to dig out the manual, but my own config may provide a clue:
MODIFY_REQUEST_EXPR_REQUESTMEMORY = quantize(RequestMemory, {256})

- S