From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Deck, William
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:34 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Condor 8.5.8 - condor_q Behavior

I know that 8.5.8 is a development release but I was messing around with our condor build system and I noticed some unexpected (to me) behavior.  When calling condor_q there is a failure:

Thu Jan 12 12:03 PM> condor_q

-- Failed to fetch ads from: <schedd:9618?addrs= schedd -9618&noUDP&sock=26458_90d7_3> : schedd

When I call `condor_q deck` I get a successful result:

Thu Jan 12 12:22 PM> condor_q deck

-- Schedd: btsottstbal872.ds.susq.com : <10.12.252.94:9618?... @ 01/12/17 12:22:21

OWNER BATCH_NAME      SUBMITTED   DONE   RUN    IDLE   HOLD  TOTAL JOB_IDS

0 jobs; 0 completed, 0 removed, 0 idle, 0 running, 0 held, 0 suspended

When I turned on SCHED_DEBUG = D_ALL I see:

01/12/17 11:19:00 AUTHENTICATE: setting timeout for (unknown) to 20.

01/12/17 11:19:00 HANDSHAKE: in handshake(my_methods = 'CLAIMTOBE')

01/12/17 11:19:00 HANDSHAKE: handshake() - i am the server

01/12/17 11:19:00 AUTHENTICATE: handshake failed!

01/12/17 11:19:00 Authentication was a FAILURE.

01/12/17 11:19:00 DaemonCore received UNAUTHENTICATED command 519 QUERY_JOB_ADS_WITH_AUTH.

01/12/17 11:19:00 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED for 519 (QUERY_JOB_ADS_WITH_AUTH) via TCP from host <sched:24067> (access level READ)

I would expect that `condor_q` would be the same as `condor_q deck`.  Is what I am seeing expected behavior, have I misconfigured something, or is this a bug?

Things of note:

I set SCHEDD_HOST however even from the local schedd I see this issue

Confor is configured with

CONDOR_Q_DASH_BATCH_IS_DEFAULT = true

CONDOR_Q_ONLY_MY_JOBS = true

Thanks in advance.