Re: [HTCondor-users] how to change requested memory (cpus) for running job

Harald,

Yes! Check out condor_qedit: http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.4/condor_qedit.html

Jason Patton

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 9:04 AM, Harald van Pee <pee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

is it possible to change the reserved memory for a running job?

The problem is, we have a cluster with very long running jobs (8 weeks in
average) in a vanilla universe. We never kill any job automatically.

Now it can happen that
a user reserves 60GB for his job and finds out that it will need 120GB after
one week of running. Most often this will be no problem because there is
enough memory available.
But it would be a problem if another job starts and requests another 60GB.
This we could avoid if at least the adminstrator can just change the
RequestMemory to 120GB.
With qualter this is possible for a idle job in the queue, but what can I do
for a running job?

Any suggestions?

We use condor 8.4.10.

Best regards