From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Harald van Pee
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:21 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] how to change requested memory (cpus) for running job

Dear all,

does no answer mean that there is no expert around these days or is it just not possible with htcondor to change any ClassAdds for a running job?

The idea is just to change the reserved memory in a way that the available memory decreases that no other job with big memory request can start which could crash the machine or a long running job. The available memory should not go to 0 if there is enough memory available and the available memory should just inrease again if the job finish.
Therefore a reread of the reservedMemory ClasAdd on the start machine, without killing any job, seems to be perfect, if possible.

We are working on checkpointing of our jobs, but for some it seems not possible.

Any ideas would be welcome

Harald