Re: [HTCondor-users] Schedd dies with an exception when communicating with IPv6 startd

On 07/10/2017 10:42 AM, Todd L Miller wrote:
The schedd submits jobs to a large grid glidein pool, and the error happens only when a job is matched to a node in a specific site. The site has IPv6-only compute nodes, while our schedd machine does not support IPv6. We are not 100% sure that the issue is with the IP version, but that seems consistent with the exception (socket protocol != object protocol).

Is this exception expected in such a case? And should the schedd crash?

Note that currently, HTCondor does not support an IPv4 only schedd (or central manager, for that matter) with mixed-mode startds.

-greg