Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_starter processes at 100% CPU on Debian after completing job, before transferring files back

Greg:

It might be worth your poking the debian testing/experimental folks about why they still choose to turn off the memory controller by default. The previously stated reason was that virtual memory performance was impaired when it was turned on but left unused. Assuming this is actually true, in init.d-land that would be a reasonable frequent -- and bad -- outcome. In systemd-land, I think the merits of that choice are much lower.

I'm not sure what happens if one enables cgroups-v2 either.

Anyhow, fixing it in the Debian future release would fix it in Debian "forever" and perhaps derivative platforms like Ubuntu would follow.

--
Tom Downes
Senior Scientist and Data CenterÂManager