[HTCondor-users] Issued with condor_ssh_to_job

Hello all

I am having some difficulties using condor_ssh_to_job, getting the error message:

ssh proxy communication failure: Failed to set socket to non-blocking mode.

I have seen this error earlier, but then we found the problem relating to using csh-shells. Adding ‘env SHELL=/bin/sh’ solved it that time.

Now years have passed since we last were using the condor_ssh_to_job function, and we are wanting to start doing it again and this problem arises. I was told at that time that the above mentioned bug would be fixed, which I assume it has been. The fix applied that time does not seem to work now.

I have update the condor_config files on both submitting and executing machines to

ENABLE_SSH_TO_JOB_TRUE = true

SCHEDD_ENABLE_SSH_TO_JOB = true

However the same problem persists. I also tried commenting out these lines and I get the same error message from condor_ssh_to_job. I quite confused now, perhaps someone out there have some advice.

We are currently running a very old version of condor, 7.4.4. It has been working nicely for years, so I have not bothered to upgrade. This could ofcourse be the root cause here, but is has worked in the past though.

http://signature.safetec.no/images/SafeTec_Logo2.jpg

Peter Ellevseth

Senior Safety Engineer / Senior sikkerhetsingeniør
Dir: +47 93 43 56 01 / Tel: +47 51 93 92 20 (Stavanger)
peter.ellevseth@xxxxxxxxxx
www.safetec.no

http://signature.safetec.no/images/fbnew.png http://signature.safetec.no/images/linnew.png

Oslokontoret har flyttet til Lilleakerveien 2B, 0283 Oslo