[HTCondor-users] python API -- python 3 version??

Hi Everyone.

     Has anyone successfully used the HTCondor python API in a python 3 environment (on RHEL 7) ?

Next years launch of the new telescope means a system level code freeze for us starting sometime next year and likely lasting for 18 months to two years after launch which unfortunately takes us into the End of Life window for python 2.7.     With that in mind we are moving everything possible into as current  versions of code as possible, which has meant a recent conversion of our base code from python 2 to python 3 and a move into a python 3 environment.

We have just scratched the surface of using the python API, but have hopes of incorporating it further into our system, including replacing the DRMAA layer that we currently have, but the first step is to import the api into a python 3 environment.  Has anyone tried this yet?  We are happy to help and contribute to this process if needed, but I do not want to duplicate work and effort if someone is already looking at this issue.

                Thank You — Mary

Mary Romelfanger
Deputy Branch Manager
Data Systems Branch