From:  "tannenba";<tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>;
Date:  Fri, Jun 2, 2017 02:56 AM
To:  "HTCondor-Users Mail List"<htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "Ben Cotton"<ben.cotton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Subject:  Re: [HTCondor-users] SOAP not available in this daemon

On 6/1/2017 8:53 AM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> The SOAP interface isn't available on the Shadow or Startd (just the
> Scheduler and Collector, I believe), so these messages are expected.
> What are you trying to do with SOAP calls to those daemons?

Ben is correct, SOAP calls are only available against the
condor_collector (for doing condor_status type calls) and the
condor_schedd (for doing condor_q, condor_rm, condor_submit type of
calls).  Like Ben, I am wondering what you are trying to achieve by
attempting to communicate to the startd and shadow.

Also be aware that the built-in SOAP API support in HTCondor is expected
to go away in the v8.7 release series sometime later this year, as times
and tastes have changed...  most of our user base is happy via the
either the command-line tools or the included HTCondor Python Bindings
which we have introduced and been enhancing now for a couple years.  See
   http://htcondor.org/manual/v8.7/7_7Python_Bindings.html

http://htcondor.org/HTCondorWeek2016/presentations/Bockelman_Python-tutorial.pdf

Obviously if you attempting to interface HTCondor with Python, the
Python bindings are the way to go.  If coming from other languages,
don't discredit the command-line tools --- for instance, command-line
options to condor_status/q/history like -format, -constraint, -json,
-xml, etc, are designed with scripting in mind.

Other alternatives are available via contributions from 3rd parties,
such as CondorAgent (provides access to HTCondor via a HTTP-REST
interface) and HTCondor DBQ (provides access to HTCondor via a
relational database management system interface).  Some 3rd-party
contributions are posted on the HTCondor Wiki at:
   https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=ContribModules
Specifically see
   https://github.com/cyclecomputing/condor-agent
and