[HTCondor-users] Built-in AVX2, AVX512 advertising?

Hi folks,

With later MATLAB versions, substantial performance improvmenets can be had using the newer AVX2 and AVX512 instruction sets, so MATLAB jobs would want to rank such machines higher than others in the pool. As far as I can tell, the only builtin attribute for AVX is "has_avx" which doesn't quite get me where I need to go.

It also advertises has_sse4_1, has_ssse4_2, and has_ssse3, but that's about it.

I can write a startd_cron to probe the flags line of /proc/cpuinfo easily enough and add my own "has" flags, but are there plans to incorporate additional such attributes into the default startd ad?

	-Michael Pelletier.