From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Werner KoppelstÃtter
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 2:44 AM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Antw: Re: Using ram-dive on Windows OS

This pre-release version works fine with the ImDisk ram-drive.

It would be great if this change get into the next release.

Thanks,

Werner

>>> John M Knoeller <johnkn@xxxxxxxxxxx> 26.06.2017 23:57 >>>

If that ramdrive does not show up as a value, it will not currently work with HTCondor because the STARTD will abort when it gets and error when trying to get the volume name of the ramdrive.

I havenât had time to check through all of the code, but it looks to me like we can get away with treating failure to get the volume name as not an error. If we ignored that error the rest of the code would probably work, so Iâm making a special build for you to try that does that.

This was based on the 8.6.4 release, versioned as an 8.6.5 pre-release.

This build will still print an error when it fails to get the volume name, but will then treat the drive letter as the volume name an keep going.

If this solves your problem. I see about getting the change into the next 8.6 release.

-tj