[HTCondor-users] Condor bug matching with an offline machine

Hello,

I am using condor 8.4.3 on windows 7 64 bits.

I have a strange bug.

We have some machines that have Wake on LAN  problems in the network.

What happens is, when a job is matched to one of these machines while it is offline, it tries to wake it up, which fails of course.

On the next negotiation cycle, the same job can be matched to this machine again, and this keeps on happening again and again.

The normal course of action, as far as I know, when a job is matched to a machine and it fails, it will always try with another machine, which doesn’t seem to be the case here.

Beste Grüße,

Almansour Belleh Blanco

Software Engineer