Re: [HTCondor-users] node gone from condor_status?

On 3/6/2017 12:47 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> On 03/06/2017 09:36 AM, John M Knoeller wrote:
>
>> Is the node configured to send updates via TCP.  Check the UPDATE_COLLECTOR_WITH_TCP knob on the execute node.
>> If updates are UDP, then it's possible that only the initial update (right after the reconfig) got through to the collector
>> Because the initial update is always TCP, but if UPDATE_COLLECTOR_WITH_TCP=false, the subsequent updates with be UDP.
>
> What is the default? Nothing's changed since I moved our configs to
> config.d in 2014, UPDATE_COLLECTOR_WITH_TCP is not in any config files
> (inc. stock condor_config shipped w/ the rpm).

Use condor_config_val tool to display the value of configuration knobs.

By default it will look at the config of the machine where you are logged in, or you can give it the name of a remote machine in your pool with "-name".  If you use the "-v" (or -verbose) option, condor_config_val will tell you which config file set the knob and/or tell you the default built-in value.

Below are a couple examples in my pool.  There are other useful switches, like "-writeconfig" and "-dump".  See the condor_config_val man page.

In most recent versions of HTCondor, this knob defaults to True.

regards,
Todd

[tannenba@submit-5 ~]$ condor_config_val update_collector_with_tcp
true