Re: [HTCondor-users] Problem with CREDD - case-sensitive Windows login?

> On Mar 21, 2017, at 6:15 PM, Ivo Cavalcante <ivo.cavalcante@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> First time on the list, new to HTCondor. I was able to setup our environment so as to submit jobs from Windows machines successfully.
>
> However, some of our users are facing problems on submiting. I don't have access to exact messages right now, but it appears as CREDD has trouble in finding the credentials stores for these
> users. On submitting machine, we have a message saying Condor was unable to find credentials stored for the user and, on CREDD machine, I have messages like:
>
> WARNING: store_cred() attempt from user xpto@domain to user XPTO@domain. Rejecting.
>
> It is indeed possible that the team responsible for registering the users have set up uppercase ids for some users. Other users have no problem at all in submitting jobs.
>

> Fast check list, to help troubleshooting:
>
> 1. The users have been registered with condor_store_cred. Tried both xpto@domain, XPTO@domain, xpto@DOMAIN, XPTO@DOMAIN, no success.
> 2. We have users submitting and running jobs perfectly, so it's not a (big) issue with the setup - should be some detail...
> 3. Daemons authenticate trough pool password, user trough NTSSPI and PASSWORD, as instructed on manual.
> 4. CREDD server has also SCHEDD running, so I can manage the credentials (couldn't without it).
>
> Is that a know problem? Any solutions?

This was not a known problem. You identified the exact source of the problem. We added a username check in HTCondor 8.5.8 when storing credentials. The check is done on all platforms, and we missed that it should be case-insensitive on Windows. Iâve created a ticket in our tracking system, and will fix this for the next release:

https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=6200

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison HTCondor Project