[HTCondor-users] Partitonable slots + memory/swap constraints

Dear all,

Weâre trying to setup partionable slots with constraints on physical memory + swap usage.
For partitionable slots these limits do NOT seem to be enforced with HTcondor 8.4 / 8.6 (we tried upgrading recently, without luck).

The same question was already asked in February this year: https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/htcondor-users/2017-February/msg00055.shtml
Unfortunately nobody replied to this.

This is a real show-stopper for our institute - since we switched to partitonable slots to allow multi-core jobs to run, the cgroup policies can no longer be enforced.

We ideally want condor/cgroups to enforce the physical RAM usage, and only allow for a certain amount of swap to be used for each job (slot).
If any of the pre-defined (or user-requested) limits are reached, the job shall be killed.

Weâd highly appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance,
Niko

--
Nikolas Zimmermann
RWTH Aachen University of Technology

Phone: +49-241-80-27205
E-mail: zimmermann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address: I. Physikalisches Institut B, Sommerfeldstr. 14, D-52074 Aachen