Re: [HTCondor-users] High rate of random "Failed to securely exchange session key" errors in 8.6.x

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Thanks for the report.
>
> I do see an anomaly in comparing the two logs, but it isn't immediately
> obvious what might be wrong and I am currently investigating further.

After digging into it, and with helpful logs from Andrew, I have figured out the problem.  This is a bug I introduced in HTCondor version 8.5.6 when the PASSWORD authentication method was made non-blocking.

The ticket for it is here:

  https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=6265

And the fix will be in the 8.6.3 release.

Thanks again Andrew for the report!

Cheers,
-zach