Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor_kbdd.exe crashes/doesn't start if no network is available

I do the same thing - all config is under /home/condor, and the local config files just point the daemons in that direction. Thankfully I don't have network problems very often.

You definitely don't need to write your own update service. Mark Burgess already did that nearly 25 years ago. The approach I'd use to maintain a sitewide config on the local disk would be CFEngine - it's fairly easy to set it up to maintain two directories in the same state, and the update would be pulled by the client once the network comes back online - and you'd just need a promise to reconfig the daemons once that happens.

	-Michael Pelletier.