Re: [HTCondor-users] a segfault at the very onset

On 05/23/2017 03:18 AM, lejeczek wrote:
hi there

normally segfault means a buggy code/compiler stack, right?
But I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong, though I follow "quickstart".
I do:
$ condor_submit ./sleep.sub
and I get:
condor_submit[624588]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp 00007ffc38b5df78 error 14 in condor_submit[400000+34000]

If condor_submit with no arguments also segfaults, it is probably an installation problem. condor_submit with no arguments should just hang, waiting for input on stdin.

Can you run ldd condor_submit, and send us that output?

-greg