[HTCondor-users] Quota changes for one group without(?) effect

Hi all,

we have currently an issue with our dynamic group quotas (for grid jobs
via ARC CEs), which I do not understand.
From our three main users, user BAZ got/occupied suddenly about half of
our slots while having a significant nominal smaller share than users
FOO and BAR.
To curb BAZ's enthusiam, we changed for testing the dynamic quotas on
the negotiator to
  GROUP_QUOTA_DYNAMIC_group_FOO = 0.933
  GROUP_QUOTA_DYNAMIC_group_BAR = 0.938
  GROUP_QUOTA_DYNAMIC_group_BAZ = 0.01
  GROUP_QUOTA_DYNAMIC_group_OTHER = 0.01

without much of an effect.

One difference between the users is, that BAZ runs only single slot
jobs, FOO somewhat 1:1 single and 8slot jobs (so slot rate 1:8) and BAR
only 8slot jobs - so one idea might be, that the single- vs. multi-core
use pattern somehow distorts the share distribution (but than it worked
fine before for the ratio between FOO and BAR)

As far as I see, the ifthenelse nesting of the X509 DNs into the group
names should be OK [1] (at least the brackets match). Also BAZ DN should
match and if not should be covered by the OTHERS group as well.

So, I wonder, why BAZ still gets ~50% of the slots? Maybe somebody has
an idea for me?

Cheers and thanks,
  Thomas

[1]
DESYAcctGroup = ifThenElse(x509UserProxyVOName =?= "FOO","group_FOO", \
                ifThenElse(x509UserProxyVOName =?= "BAR","group_BAR", \
                ifThenElse(x509UserProxyVOName =?= "BAZ","group_BAZ", \
                ifThenElse(x509UserProxyVOName =?= "MINOR1",
"group_MINOR1", \
..., \
"group_OTHER" ))))))))))))

[2]
DESYAcctSubGroup = ifThenElse(regexp("desyplt",Owner), "desyplt", \
                   ifThenElse(regexp("desyprd",Owner), "desyprd", \
                   ifThenElse(regexp("desysgm",Owner), "desysgm", \
                   ifThenElse(regexp("desyusr",Owner), "desyusr", \
                   ifThenElse(regexp("FOO",Owner) && RequestCpus > 1,
"FOO_multicore", \
                   ifThenElse(regexp("BAR",Owner) && RequestCpus > 1,
"BAR_multicore", \
                   ifThenElse(regexp("BAZ",Owner) && RequestCpus > 1,
"BAZ_multicore", \
                                                       "other" )))))))