[HTCondor-users] incorrect values returned by condor_status

Dear list,

I have a bunch of glideins running on a machine called bridges .
I poll the number of jobs slots using: condor_status -const 'regexp("bridges",Machine)'
The numbers I get are considerably lower than those I get with condor_q -nobatch | grep -c bridges
The numbers given by the condor_q command are consistent with the number of glideins x job slots that I can see running.
The numbers given by the condor_q command are consistent with the number of condor_shadows I see in the process list..

Any thoughts about this?
Is there a problem with the condor_status command as I'm using it?
Is there an error I could have made in configuring the glideins so their jobs slots are not being counted by condor_status?

Thanks - Don