Re: [HTCondor-users] BOSCO question

On 09/05/2017 09:50 AM, Zhuo Zhang wrote:
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply. But unfortunately flocking is not what I am looking for. Jobs from pool A flock to pool B will have to go through machine A first, which is still a single point of failure.

Ah, if you need a high-availability solution, there are a number of solutions. In your case, I know that your condor jobs are part of a production system that generates jobs from outside the condor system, and high availability needs to be designed in that context.

For a single schedd, perhaps the easiest way to high availability is to run on top of a virtual machine solution with live migration.

-greg