Re: [HTCondor-users] Multicore Shutdown

Hi,

Just to follow up, here is the solution that I have implemented. As a reminder I wish to retire a machine and force the shutdown if the time waisted by idle cores is more than the time lost by killing the remaining jobs. To do this I created the following script to be run as a startd cron.

https://gitlab.cern.ch/vc/vm/raw/master/bin/multicore-shutdown

This is used with the following configuration.

MASTER.DAEMON_SHUTDOWN = (STARTD_StartTime =?= 0)
STARTD.DAEMON_SHUTDOWN = ( CurrentTime > $(Resource_Lease_Retire_Time) ) && ( MULTICORE_SHUTDOWN =?= true )
STARTD_CRON_JOBLIST = $(STARTD_CRON_JOBLIST) multicore
STARTD_CRON_MULTICORE_MODE = Periodic
STARTD_CRON_MULTICORE_EXECUTABLE = /usr/local/bin/multicore-shutdown
STARTD_CRON_MULTICORE_PERIOD = 60
START = ( CurrentTime < $(Resource_Lease_Retire_Time) )

If anyone can think of a better way to implement this or a better optimization, please let me know.

Thanks,

Laurence