Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 8.6.6 Released

On Wednesday 13 September 2017 06:19:26 Tim Theisen wrote:

> Highlights of this release are:
<snip>
> - Claims are released when parallel univ jobs are removed while claiming

I was always puzzled if this is a bug or a feature, but at least users are
allways confused.
Yesterday I started a 7 claim mpirun and removed it a few seconds later.
I'm the only user in a two node testcluster with 2 nodes. Each node has only
one partionable slot.
Obviously the claiming was not finished (only 6 slots claimed),
this morning the claims are still not released.

$CondorVersion: 8.6.6 Sep 11 2017 BuildID: 416237 $
$CondorPlatform: x86_64_Debian8 $
condor_status
Name                          OpSys      Arch   State     Activity LoadAv Mem
ActvtyTime

slot1@node01.   LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle      0.020  39953  0+16:02:59
slot1_1@node01. LINUX      X86_64 Claimed   Idle      0.000   8192  0+16:02:59
slot1_2@node01. LINUX      X86_64 Claimed   Idle      0.000   8192  0+16:02:59
slot1_3@node01. LINUX      X86_64 Claimed   Idle      0.000   8192  0+16:02:59
slot1@node14.   LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle      1.000 492356  1+00:09:58
slot1_1@node14. LINUX      X86_64 Claimed   Idle      6.760   8192  0+16:03:10
slot1_2@node14. LINUX      X86_64 Claimed   Idle      1.000   8192  0+16:03:10
slot1_3@node14. LINUX      X86_64 Claimed   Idle      1.000   8192  0+16:03:10

                     Total Owner Claimed Unclaimed Matched Preempting Backfill
Drain

        X86_64/LINUX     8     0       6         2       0          0        0
0

               Total     8     0       6         2       0          0        0
0

<snip>

Best regards
Harald