Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor Transferer issue for HAD Replication issue with Shared Port

Am 18.04.2018 um 18:29 schrieb Jaime Frey:

>>>     Either the transferer to which it's connecting isn't configured to use shared port,
>>
>> Our configuration is enforced to be identical between both Central Managers by Puppet, so both have the configuration stanzas included in my last mail.
>> So unless there is something that needs to be done in addition specific to the TRANSFERER, everything should be configured for shared port usage.
>>
>>> or because the transferer was never updated to be able to use shared port.  At first glance, it looks like the transferer creates a new listen socket rather than use its existing (shared port) command socket.
>>
>> That would be pretty ugly - I can't believe anybody would want to run Central Managers, which need to be in somewhat public networks since all schedds connect to them, without a firewall...
>> What can I do?
>

> Starting with HTCondor 8.7.4, the transferer code in HAD works with shared port (and IPv6), and no longer binds its own TCP port.
>
> https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=6413

Dear Jaime,

that's good news, many thanks for digging out the ticket, and (from the look of the ticket) also for implementing it! :-)
We'll then likely go with a workaround for the meantime (e.g. make the CMs completely accessible from their partner) until the next stable release with the fix arrives.

Many thanks and all the best,
	Oliver