Re: [HTCondor-users] X509UserProxy in Singularity

On 04/19/2018 03:49 AM, Matthias Schnepf wrote:

Hello all,

Thank you for fixing this issue so fast! We are now compiling HTCondor ourselves to use the proxy-variable inside our containers. It works well with singularity version 2.2.1, however it does not work for us with singularity version 2.4.5. The offending line appears to be https://github.com/htcondor/htcondor/blob/c1963c45f386ff052f56332aa58099993a769174/src/condor_starter.V6.1/singularity.cpp#L170. The â-Câ in singularity cleans the environment completely and unsets most variables in the container (the behaviour in singularity seem to have changed in the above mentioned versions?). Removing this line and compiling HTCondor again allows us to use the environment variables in the container, especially the x509userproxy.

Cheers, Matthias

Thanks for the report -- I've just pushed a fix for this, which will show up in the next development series.

-greg