Re: [HTCondor-users] thoughts on HTCondor python bindings submit improvements

Hi John,

I am not currently working with condor, but these features would be a welcome addition to the python bindings.

In the past, I raised this in a separate mail:

> Currently, is there anyway I can use this from python bindings as well? e.g.
>
> ```
> with schedd.transaction() as txn:
>Â Âsub.queue(txn, njobs, numbers)
>```
>
> where numbers is a list I want to specify as an argument to each of the jobs. Of course, an invariant is `len(njobs) == len(numbers)`

```

sub = hcondor.Submit(âââ

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ executable = /bin/echo

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ queue 2 args in ( one, two, three )

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ âââ)

```

I am not super sure if the above is the right way of doing things though. Because normally I would have (one, two, three) in some python variables, and doing string processing to get them into condor file format is not significantly different from constructing a temporary file, writing into it, and doing subprocess.check_output with `condor_submit`

Also not using the third argument to queue().

Thanks.
Sandeep.