Re: [HTCondor-users] thoughts on HTCondor python bindings submit improvements

On 04/24/2018 04:42 PM, John M Knoeller wrote:

> sub = hcondor.Submit("""
>                 executable = /bin/echo
>                 queue 2 args in ( one, two, three )
>                 """)

The syntax of "queue" may be a convenient shorthand for some (I tend to
submit everything as DAGs myself so I wouldn't know), but I doubt it
belongs in the method signature. The rest of it is a basic key-value
associative array AFAIK so why not just use that.

And besides, if you want more pythonic, "explicit is better than implicit".

hcondor.Submit( { "executable" : "/bin/echo",
		  "queue" : [
			{ "args" : "one" },
			{ "args" : "two" },
			{ "args" : "three" },
			{ "args" : "one" },
			{ "args" : "two" },
			{ "args" : "three" }
		  ] } )

or whatever your queue statement expands to. (Hardcore pythonistae can
creatively zip() a dict() there or something.)

Then add htcondor.SubmitFileToKwargs() that will read submit string/file
and return the above structure.

$.02
--
Dimitri Maziuk