Re: [HTCondor-users] Batch admin & running job classAd modifications

On 08/29/2018 11:17 AM, Petr Vokac wrote:
Hi,

is there a simple way for batch administrator to modify classAd
attributes of running job? condor_qedit works only for jobs that are not
in running state, condor_chirp is able to do modifications from running
job so there must be an interface for running job classAd modification -
I would like to know if there is a way for administrator to modify
_running_ job classAd in a way that is similar to condor_qedit.

I suspect there are a couple of questions here. condor_qedit can certainly edit the schedd's copy of a running job, but those changes don't get propagated to the execute side, so the changes may not have the impact you require. For example, changing the requirements expression doesn't do anything for a running job, but may impact where that job can be matched to if it gets evicted and rematched.

-greg