[HTCondor-users] condor will not use preferred host at all

I have a master and 2 execute hosts (chopin and liszt) and I have one
host (chopin) preferred over the other with these settings:

NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK = (10000000 * My.Rank) + \
   (1000000 * (RemoteOwner =?= UNDEFINED)) + \
   (100 * Machine =?= "chopin")
NEGOTIATOR_DEPTH_FIRST = True

The preferred host is chopin. This has been working fine until Friday
when both execute hosts were rebooted. Since then condor will only run
jobs on liszt. Even if there are more jobs in the queue then slots on
liszt it will not use chopin. A condor_status shows all the slots on
chopin as 'Unclaimed Idle' I see all the proper daemons running and no
errors in the logs.

How can I debug and/or fix this?