Re: [HTCondor-users] Starter not using sharedPort when condor_tail

On 2/23/2018 12:31 PM, Edgar M Fajardo Hernandez wrote:

So my question is why is condor_starter trying to talk back to my scheduler in port 9859 which of course its not open instead of using the shared port, which uses for everything else (except condor_tail).

Welcome to htcondor-users Edgar!!

For the detailed answer, see the HTCondor Manual for knob entry DAEMON_SOCKET_DIR ( http://tinyurl.com/y9bdc3zl )

DAEMON_SOCKET_DIR defaults to $(LOCK)/daemon_sock, which on RPM systems is /var/lock/condor/daemon_sock.

To get command-line tools like condor_tail to work with incoming connections through the shared_port, the tool will need to be able to write to the directory /var/local/condor/daemon_sock.

So to get it to work with shared_port and CCB, you could:

1. Set permissions on this directory the same way as /tmp so any user on the host can use condor_tail with shared_port+CCB, like so:

   chmod 1777 /var/local/condor/daemon_sock

Or

2. You could run condor_tail as user 'condor', which should already have permissions to write to /var/local/condor/daemon_sock.

Or

3. You could get rid of your firewall on ephemeral ports on your schedd machine, allowing condor_tail to just create its own listen socket to receive the incoming CCB connection without using shared_port.

More details in the Manual.

Hope the above helps
Todd