[HTCondor-users] $INT conversion failing in submit file

Happy New Year HTCondor peoples!

I have a hopefully simple issue. I am trying to target a subset of machines in a pool where the machines are numbered ARCWI-01.domain.gov through ARCWI-33.domain.gov. However, I only want to run on the machines numbered ARCWI-16 or less.

Iâm using requirements to target them, and can make a requirement that ensures only ARCWI machines are used, but I canât limit to the 16 or less part.

Hereâs my requirements line:
( substr(Machine,0,5)=="ARCWI") && ($INT(substr(Machine,7,9),'%d') <= 16))
If I only use the first statement, only ARCWI machines are matched, but I also need to limit to number 16 or less.

Hereâs the error I get when including both :
Submitting job(s)ERROR at Queue statement on Line 43: $INT() macro: '7,9' is not a valid format specifier!

I donât see how this is possible, since the â7,9â argument is for substr() - not for $INT(). And if I do not try and use the $INT() macro the <= statement always returns false, presumably because substr() is returning a string.

Anyone see what Iâm doing wrong? Also, is there a way to test these kind of statements without running condor_submit?

Many thanks for any leads!

Cheers,
Mike
Mike Fienen