[HTCondor-users] help in setup required

hi guys,

i am very new to this fantastic tool and need to use it in my project, I have 1 Linux VPS, and setup the tool on it.
While setup was running, the gui asked me about 3-4 questions. But now when i get this error. The port is opened

$condor_status
Error: communication error
CEDAR:6001:Failed to connect to <xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9618>

I have 1 linux vps, 1 windows machine, 1 Mac, 1 Linux and 2 other machines in another country that are not connected with vpn. Only, the root in VPS should submit jobs.

Could you please help me in a step by step cofigurations? or guide me.

thank you
Sherif