Re: [HTCondor-users] No-idle jobs

Jim,

What do you mean by a Job being âidledâ?

Miron.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 3, 2018, at 14:29, James Ward - NOAA Affiliate <james.ward@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

We are trying HTCondor, but we have jobs that don't like to be idled - if the job doesn't get a connection to a database in 5 minutes, it hangs. For example, you start 6 no-idle jobs,100 more jobs are queued by another user, the 6 no-idle jobs keep running, the 100 more jobs finish in several hours, and the 6 no-idle jobs are still running in the queue? There is a pool of users that will be submitting no-idle jobs, along with other jobs.

Thank you,

Jim Ward