From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of MICHELE GROSSI
Sent: Friday, January 5, 2018 4:02 PM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [HTCondor-users] PROBLEM Submitting CONDOR JOB WITH BASH SCRIPT

Hello, I would ask your help in understanding how to submit a job to condor like what I'm trying to explain.

FIRST PART

I have a bash script (for sake of simplicity I removed my internal path folder and I used a fancy one, consider that the shell script and the program works fine local) that using shell command, loop through a folder and extract some files parsing the name. Once scouting the name I need, I use that to execute another program.
Then I need to execute a program (SECOND PART) that can be run in terminal typing the row you see starting with ./

#!/bin/bash

cp -r /myfolder/lastfolder .
cd last folder
source config.sh

for i in $( ls /myfolder/lastfolder/gen*$1/data.dat ); do
gen=$(echo $i)
percorso=`echo $gen | cut -d'/' -f9- `
singlegen_old=`echo $gen | cut -d'/' -f9-| sed -e 's/\/data.dat//g' `
singlegen=`echo $percorso | sed -e 's/\/data.dat//g' `
number=`echo $singlegen | sed -e 's/gen//g' `

./main.exe firstargument.cmnd $i thirdargument_$number.dat

done

The submit condor is the following:

# begin Condor submit file
# actual job is performed by the shell script

script_to_run = shower_test.sh
Arguments = $(script_to_run)
Executable = /bin/bash
Output = $(script_to_run).$(cluster).$(process).out
Error = $(script_to_run).$(cluster).$(process).err
Log = $(script_to_run).log
Queue 1
# end Condor submit file

The CONDOR SUBMISSION WORKS BUT IT DOES NOT WORK.

THANK YOU