Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor is still writing temp data to Condor is still writing temp data to /var/opt/condor even though I specified otherwise

On 1/8/2018 4:25 PM, Mobley, Nate (Millennium) wrote:
> Thanks. They were not overwritten, Ive already triple checked that. Can
> I run “condor_config_val -v execute” from my head node? That is the only
> one I am able to log into (I don’t know the IP addresses of the compute
> nodes).

If by "head node" you mean the HTCondor Central Manager, then yes, you can use condor_config_val to view configuration settings for any node in your compute pool (unless your installation changed the default authorization rules).

You will want to use
  condor_config_val -v -startd -name <name_of_execute_node> <name_of_config knob>

So to see your execute nodes, enter "condor_status", and then use a name you see there with condor_config_val.

So for example, the sample session below tells me my execute nodes apparently have EXECUTE undefined, which
means they will use the default value of $(LOCAL_DIR)/execute, and LOCAL_DIR
is set to /var in condor_config.global on line 26.

  $ condor_status -wide | head
  Name                               OpSys      Arch   State     Activity     LoadAv Mem      ActvtyTime

  slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx              LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle          0.000   43883  0+05:13:41
  slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx              LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle          0.000   43883  0+05:13:41
  slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx              LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle          0.000   43883  0+05:13:41

  $ condor_config_val -v -startd -name slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx EXECUTE
  EXECUTE =
   # at: /etc/condor/condor_config.global, line 44
   # raw: EXECUTE =
   # default: $(LOCAL_DIR)/execute

  $ condor_config_val -v -startd -name slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx EXECUTE
  LOCAL_DIR = /var
   # at: /etc/condor/condor_config.global, line 26
   # raw: LOCAL_DIR = /var

Hope the above helps
Todd