Re: [HTCondor-users] Counting job num of holds for a given reason

There is no way for you to add your own counters using Periodic hold/release statements, but you can make use of an existing counter IF you can assume that the only reason a job would be evicted from a slot is because it was put on hold.  In that case, you can use NumJobStarts  <= 1 to check to see if the job has been started at least once already.

Since we only evaluate periodic release when the job is on hold this will probably work very well in practice.

-tj

From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Parag A Mhashilkar
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 4:06 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Counting job num of holds for a given reason

Hi Steve,

This solution is not generic enough to use for me and requires extra configuration which I am trying to avoid.

Parag Mhashilkar

Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory

WWW: www.fnal.gov

Phone: 1 (630) 840-6530

Fax: 1 (630) 840-3109

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Steven C Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 2:58 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>

This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be. Learn about spoofing

Feedback

Can you configure it to have

LastHoldReason0

LastHoldREason1

LastHoldReason2

and so forth, with corresponding codes and subcodes, that should be possible to do.

Then you could look at all of those, and see.

Steve Timm

This sender failed our fraud detection checks and may not be who they appear to be. Learn about spoofing

Feedback

Hi,

I want to set a periodic release for a job in case the job is held with code 34 only so I can request more memory next time when it is released. However, I want the periodic_release to be triggered only once for these set of jobs. I got most of the logic figured out, but am missing on how to put the counter in place for number of times the job was held with holdcode 34. Is there a macro or standard job classad attribute I am missing?