Re: [HTCondor-users] multicore and multinode run

The scripts themselves are a bit complicated, but unless your job is
very complicated, they should hopefully not be difficult to use. For
example, you would change your submit file from:

universe = parallel
executable = /opt/openmpi/bin/mpirun
arguments = mpihello
log = hellompi.log
output = hellompi.out
error = hellompi.err
machine_count = 2
queue

universe = parallel
executable = openmpiscript
arguments = mpihello
log = hellompi.log
output = hellompi.out
error = hellompi.err
machine_count = 2
queue

I'm guessing your condor pool uses a shared filesystem? If not, you
may need to transfer your mpihello program, too:
transfer_input_files = mpihello

You should copy openmpiscript from the examples directory to the
directory that you're submitting the job from. The only change within
openmpiscript would be to point it to your Open MPI install directory,
so set MPDIR=/opt/openmpi
(Alternatively, you can add OPENMPI_INSTALL_PATH=/opt/openmpi to your
execute machines' condor configs, and by default openmpiscript will
read that config)

Jason