Re: [HTCondor-users] Backup guidance

For protecting against system failure bringing down your cluster, the high-availability section of the manual might be useful: http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.6/3_13High_Availability.html.

I keep our condor config files under version control, and that's about all the backing up we do. We're using ganglia to track usage history, so we should back up the RRD data (*shrug*; we don't), but otherwise we're okay with losing log data in a system crash. It's easy enough to reinstall and copy over the proper config files to start anew.

-Grant Goodyear-