Re: [HTCondor-users] CPU topology advertising

Within LIGO, we standardized on a set of facts provided by facter...

STARTD_CRON_JOBLIST = $(STARTD_CRON_JOBLIST) FACTER
# this is a very thin wrapper around the facter binary itself, it just does whitespace trimming and such
STARTD_CRON_FACTER_EXECUTABLE = /usr/local/bin/facter_classad
STARTD_CRON_FACTER_PREFIX = facter_
STARTD_CRON_FACTER_PERIOD = 300

... but this doesn't work anymore because facter produces JSON structured data now classads can't do hash / array / etc.

You could probably take the output of facter and process it with something that can read JSON and flatten complex structures. Another benefit of facter is that you can create custom facts (as JSON files in a standard location) that would be reported to users via this condor mechanism.

Tom

ïOn 3/26/18, 2:18 PM, "HTCondor-users on behalf of Dimitri Maziuk" <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    On 03/26/2018 11:29 AM, Michael Pelletier wrote:
    > #!/bin/sh
    > #
    > # Produce a ClassAd for machine memory and processor topology information

    Makes me wonder if at some point condor should just start talking to
    chef's ohai or some such...

    --
    Dimitri Maziuk
    Programmer/sysadmin