[HTCondor-users] swap space

Hi

how could I estimate, or as a rule of thumb, the amount of swap space for a htcondor instance?

We have around one thousand slots, and the deployment of HTCondor central services is simply configured in one physical server. This server is IBM 69Y4438 , 1TB SAS3 in RAID6, RAM DDR3 24G and we have created a swap space of 24G.

Sometimes we have seen peaks of swap consumption, especially by the condor_collector daemon, becoming 100% of used swap space. This lead to a problematic situation.

Is this normal? Shall we increase the swap space? Or does this anomaly come from other reason?

Cheers

Almudena Montiel Gonzalez              e-mail: almudena.montiel@xxxxxx
Dept. Theoretical Physics. Block 15.
Laboratory of High Energy Physics
Universidad Autonoma de Madrid.
Phone: 34 91 497 4541      Fax: 34 91 497 3936
James Watt 2, Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain.