[HTCondor-users] remote Schedd using the python bindings, w/o passing thru the Collector

Hi,

using versions either 8.6 or 8.7

According to the documentation, if I understand it correctly, to get a
remote Schedd object, one can go thru the Collector

    scheddAd = htcondor.Collector().locate(htcondor.DaemonTypes.Schedd, address)
    schedd = htcondor.Schedd(scheddAd)

If the Collector is also remote, then one has to do first something like this:

    collector = htcondor.Collector(address)

and then you can query that collector object.
That works.

Now, I would like to be able to create the Schedd object when I don't
know the address of the Collector.
I am trying to build by hand the scheddAd for that purpose.
The bare minimum seems to be just one classad:

      scheddAd = classad.ClassAd()
      scheddAd['MyAddress'] =
'<555.555.555.555:9618?addrs=555.555.555.555-9618&noUDP&sock=1786027_8b8d_4>'

but for that to work, apparently, all fields in that string are
needed, not just IP and port.
I was wondering if someone has a clue about the part "
&noUDP&sock=1786027_8b8d_4 "

Thanks a lot in advance.
Cheers,
Jose