From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Greg Thain
Sent: torsdag 13. september 2018 18.16
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Access problems with Windows 10 machine

On 09/13/2018 07:54 AM, Peter Ellevseth wrote:

We are running a htcondor cluster with linux machine (Centos 7). I have one Windows 10 machine that I want to add. I was able to install htcondor successfully. I can see it via condor_status -master, but startd is not able to connect.

These error messages show that the startd is able to *connect* to the collector, but something is preventing it from sending any data.  Usually, firewalls work at the connection level, so that fact that a connection is made implies the problem is not a firewall.  However, there may be some anti-virus or other security software on the Win10 machine that is blocking the write.  Can you test the Win10 machine with all the security software disabled (temporarily), and see if that allows the start update to succeed?

-greg