Re: [HTCondor-users] condor can't find its own program executable

I can reproduce some of this failure on one of our RHEL6 machines. I get a 'could not find a "condor_exec.exe" to executeâ message, and then psql proceeds to try to connect to the server.

The starter is setting argv[0] of the jobâs process to condor_exec.exe, regardless of the real executableâs name. This is meant to make it easier for admins to identify Condor jobs running on their systems, particularly when there may also be interactive users on the same machines.
psql isnât the first program to be confused by this change in its program name. Weâve decided this âfeatureâ does more harm than good. In HTCondor 8.9.1, the jobâs argv[0] will match the actual programâs name:
https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=6943

 - Jaime