[HTCondor-users] Using Multiple PRE_SKIP statements in .dag file

Hello Everyone,Â

Hope you all are doing well. I am Vinay, recently started working on HTC Condor as a part of my project. I want to skip few nodes depending on the input file provided, as of now i have written a pre script which checks my input and sends a exit status and this exit status is captured and used to skip or run a node in PRE_SKIP step.

The scenario is this,Â
For a particular pipeline, I have three possible inputs. Either 'A' file, 'B' file or Both 'A' and 'B' file.

So, When 'B' file is the input, exit status given by pre script is 1
when 'A' files is the input, exit status given by pre script is 2
when both B' and 'A' files are used as input, exit status is 0.
The pre script name is check_input.py

My PRE SCRIPT and PRE_SKIP statements in .dag file are :-

SCRIPTÂ PREÂ Â ÂCREATE_B logs/check_input.py
SCRIPTÂ PREÂ Â ÂTARGET_BÂ Â logs/check_input.py
PRE_SKIPÂ Â Â Â CREATE_B 2
PRE_SKIPÂ Â Â Â TARGET_BÂ Â 2
SCRIPTÂ PREÂ Â ÂPICK_A logs/check_input.py
SCRIPTÂ PREÂ Â ÂSTAT_A logs/check_input.py
PRE_SKIPÂ Â Â Â PICK_A 1
PRE_SKIPÂ Â Â Â STAT_A 1

So, When i am running 'B' file as input, the exit status is 1. The nodes belonging to 'A' files in the above code as skipped as expected by exit status of 1 but when the execution reaches CREATE_B node, this node is exited by same exit status of 1.

So, After analysing the situation, I believe there can be two issues :-
1) Is it allowed to use multiple PRE_SKIP statements with different exit code as it did above?
2) Does the order of ABORT-DAG-ON of nodes have any impact on the premature exit of above node?Â

Looking forward to your reply.
Thank you.

Regards,

Vinay Kusuma