Re: [HTCondor-users] TMPDIR variable in singularity

On Fri, 2019-04-12 at 14:47:36 +0200, Matthias Schnepf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I try to run jobs inside singularity via HTCondor. Some of our jobs need the
> environment variable TMPDIR. I saw that TMP and TEMP is "translated" to a
> path inside the container. Is it expected that the TMPDIR is not
> "translated" to the corresponding path inside the container?

I've found that $TMPDIR would be set by singularity, so it doesn't make it
from the external environment to the internal one.

$WORKDIR, $RUNDIR etc are not tampered with.

This should be documented somewhere?

Cheers, Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)