Re: [HTCondor-users] GPU ressource usage

> On Apr 29, 2019, at 7:30 AM, Beyer, Christoph <christoph.beyer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just aded a couple of GPU-hosts in my pool and I wonder if there is an easy way to get information about the actual usage of the gPU possibly out of the history file of the job ?
>
> Maybe there is some tweaking needed to do this but I would definetely like to know if and how intense the gPU tagged jobs actually used the GPU ....
>
> Any hints someone ? :)
>
> Best
> Christoph

Hi Christoph,

HTCondor 8.8.2+ (and thus 8.9.1+) includes GPU monitoring fixes, and monitors both GPU core processing utilization and memory utilization .  To enable GPU monitoring in either release,
add the following line to your configuration:

use feature: GPUsMonitor

You should then get some helpful GPU utilization attributes in the history classad.

Best regards
Todd