Re: [HTCondor-users] Job stays in idle condition

There are several possibilities.  First we should figure out of the jobs are really stuck in idle, or if they are actually

rapidly cycling between running and idle.

Try running this command

condor_q -af:h  Clusterid NumJobStarts NumShadowStarts

Are the number of job starts and shadow starts really 0?

If the numbers are 0, Then try

condor_q -analyze <jobid>

where <jobid> is the id of one of the jobs that is stuck in idle  (and has 0 for the numbers)

If the numbers are not 0 not, then you should look in the ShadowLog on the submit machine to see  why the jobs are failing so quickly.

-tj