[HTCondor-users] HTCondor on Debian 11, was Re: HTCondor on Debian 10 (problem with renamed libboost python libraries)

Update:

On Thu, 2019-08-01 at 12:23:38 +0200, Steffen Grunewald wrote:

> As I'm currently trying whether 8.8.4 would also build in Debian Bullseye

- which fails since at the moment libboost-python-dev still pulls python2.7 but
one of the libraries isn't there anymore:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_python-py27
I guess to overcome this, the -DWITH_PYTHON_BINDINGS:BOOL=ON configure option would
have to be split (-DWITH_PYTHON2_BINDINGS:BOOL=ON -DWITH_PYTHON3_BINDINGS:BOOL=ON)
- which would require some rewrites of PYTHONLIBS_FOUND and Boost_PYTHON_LIBRARY
related parts - and modified accordingly if python2 isn't consistently available anymore?

Cheers,
 Steffen